top of page
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Who do you teach?
I work with students ages 10 and up in private voice lesson settings. I have taught students of various ages and experiences levels.
2. What styles of music do you teach?
I have studied both classical and CCM vocal teaching methods and styles and am well-versed in both. First and foremost, I am a functional voice instructor.
3. What are your qualifications to teach?
I hold an Master's of Music in Contemporary Commercial Music Voice Pedagogy from Shenandoah Conservatory and a Bachelor's of Music in Music Education and Vocal Performance from Millikin University. I am also a state-certified K-12 music teacher and have completed Level III certification in Somatic Voicework™ The Lovetri Method under Broadway voice teacher and pedagogue, Jeannette LoVetri. I have taught and performed in venues across the U.S., U.K., and Canada and have worked with students of various ages and experiences levels (including professional-level performers). See my bio for additional info.
4. Why do you teach?
It is my passion in life. I have known since I was a child that I wanted to help others achieve their personal and professional goals, and this is how I choose to do so. I am also fascinated by the human voice and the role of music in society.
5. What are your strengths as a teacher?
1. I am a functional voice instructor who is well-versed in classical and commercial music voice pedagogy.
2. I have a strong working understanding of anatomy and physiology.
3. I am a musical theatre and pop/rock vocal styles and repertoire specialist.
4. I am patient and kind-natured, and I never talk down to students.
5. I always put the needs of my students first.
6. What singers do you listen to?
That is a very long, varied list! To name a bunch: Elton John, Alanis Morissette, Bruno Mars, Sarah Bareilles, John Legend, A Great Big World, Adele, Michael Jackson, Jeremy Jordan, Stephanie J. Block, Judy Garland, Billy Joel, Lea Salonga, Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Ian Bostridge, many others.
bottom of page